Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cultural Metaphor

My definition of culture is your own personal community, society, ethnicity or personal background; where you come from.

My culture consists of many different things such as farming, animals, 4-H, America, bars, interior design, travels/vacations, camping, skydiving, hunting, and fishing. The cultures that I most identify with are 4-H, camping, skydiving, family, friends and interior design.








































My definition of a metaphor is this… a symbol that stands for another object, emotion, action, etc.
Some examples of metaphors of my identified culture are… Skydiving is freedom, 4-H is life experience, a wind turbine is energy, and family is love.
















The artist I have chosen from The Drawing Center's Viewing Program website is David King. His art relates to my views of culture and metaphor as he is pointing people to find their own self-satisfaction and peacefulness along their own path in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment