Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blog Week 11

Color harmony
1) Immediate Response
The thing that I notice first and stands out the most to me, is the green leaf with the pink background located centrally in this photo. It affects me because it points my eye in other directions and helps my eyes flow around the photo.
2) Objective Description
This photo has many various patterns and textures. Located almost directly in the center is a green leaf with a pink background. The color harmony is illustrated here with the simultaneous contrast of the colors involved. Your eye flows around the photo by seeing the other patterns of a blue spade within a pink circle, then a white on blue swirly pattern. The other noticeable pattern is a green outlined star shaped pattern with an orange background, yet another use of simultaneous contrast.
3) Formal Matters
This photo has a variety of line quality and color. It seems to be placed in space very well as the textures and designs run right off the edges of the photo. The leaf in the center helps with the placement as well. The swirling lines as well as the straight lines help to lead your eye around the photo. I really like the color involved in this photo as it has lots of simultaneous contrast. (Ex. the green leaf on the reddish background)
4) The Story It Tells
I don't believe that this photo tells a story, it is just kind of abstract. If I had to name it with one word I would call it... random.
5) The Work in the World
This photo connects in the world of Elizabeth Murray's drawings and paintings because it has similar line qualities and colors involved, much like her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment